An 18-month study was performed by surveying 3,672 businesses, which were categorized by industry into 70+ categories. The objective of the study was to determine which industries most often seek to use call center services.
The main finding was that there was no one industry category that consisted of more than 11% of businesses seeking call center services.
For businesses, this suggests that, regardless of which industry category you fall in, it is likely that you could benefit by using one or more call center services.
For call center operations, it suggests that service offerings should be customizable to a broad spectrum of industries. Even within a given industry category there are many business specialties each with their own business needs.
For call center marketing departments, this suggests that marketing strategies need to be targeted to a broad range of industries with some extra attention to the top 6 to 10 industry categories.
It was found that the top ten industry categories made up about 53.9% of businesses seeking call center services. The remaining 46.1% of businesses came from 60+ other industry categories.
Top Ten Industries Most Often Seeking Some Type of Call Center Service:
Businesses in the health care and real estate industries lead the pack of the top ten businesses most likely to seek some type of inbound or outbound service. 11.2% of businesses seeking a call center service were in health care industry.
- Health Care 11.2%
- Real Estate 8.2%
- Retail 6.4%
- Legal 4.8%
- Property Management 4.3%
- Insurance 4.5%
- Financial 4.4%
- Marketing 3.7%
- Software 3.2%
- Contractors 3.2%
46.1% of businesses seeking some type of call center service came from 60+ other industry categories.
Inbound: Top Six Industry Categories Most Often Seeking Inbound Services:
The health care and real estate industries also lead the pack for inbound call center services such as telephone answering service and customer service outsourcing.
- Health Care 12.7%
- Real Estate 9.1%
- Retail 6.7%
- Legal 5.1%
- Property Management 5.3%
- Financial 4.3%
56.8 % of businesses seeking inbound call center services came from 60+ other industry categories.
Outbound: Top Six Industry Categories Most Often Seeking Outbound Call Services:
Software, insurance and marketing related businesses were found to be the type of businesses most often seeking outbound call center services such as telemarketing and telesales followed closely by retail and financial industry businesses.
- Software 11.3%
- Insurance 10.7%
- Marketing 8.6%
- Health Care 5.6%
- Retail 5.2 %
- Financial 4.8%
53.8% of companies seeking outbound call center services came from 64+ other industry categories.
Visit www.CallCenterServices.com to learn more about call center services. CallCenterServices.com is your guide to call center outsourcing.